Monday, October 12, 2009

Coffee Chiffon


Another Chiffon cake! I love chiffon cakes for it's light and airy texture, as well as the spring in each bite. =) This is a far more successful chiffon cake as compared to my Pandan Chiffon made about a week ago. Well, at least it didn't collapse in the oven! This recipe is taken from Small Small Baker's blog.
I find this recipe very interesting as it uses self-raising flour instead of the usual cake flour. According to Chef Judy whose class I attended, self-raising flour has a higher gluten level compared to cake flour and it also has baking powder added to it. Hence, if we overmix, there is a chance that the cake will be tough. I was thus a bit apprehensive about trying out this recipe as I always mix quite a bit. Haha.. In the end, as my MIL had 3 kg of self-raising flour given to her, I baked it, in an attempt to finish up the flour. The resulting cake is a very soft and tender cake! I am a coffee lover and like the slight bitter after taste given by the coffee. However, my hubby prefers the pandan flavour and I guess I will not be baking this flavour as often as I like.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty chiffon cake. Much better than the previous one. I link you up too. Hope to see more posts from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you! =) All thanks to your super clear instructions and great recipe! I'm definitely going to practice more.

    ReplyDelete