Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cookie cake

Ta-dah!!! This is the first entry of my blog. =) After baking for about 6 months or so, it's sad that most of the time, my bakes are barely edible. This is despite attending a class to learn the basics of baking. Sigh.. Think I definitely need to practice more. =(

I also don't know how I got the courage to do this, but I wanted to bake something for a dear old friend, YP and decided to bake something which do not need to be refrigerated and also has a greater chance of success. =p Hence, I decided on a cookie cake.
The recipe for this cookie cake is by Anna from Sugar-inc. Thanks Anna!

I did change the decoration though. The deco done by Anna was really nice and I wanted to follow it. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the Meringue Powder from Phoon Huat as it was out of stock and I had no choice but to think of alternative ideas. So I used mini oreos for the borders and mini M&Ms for the letters, all 'glued' to the cookie with nutella!

I did not actually get to try this, but according to YP, she did say that it's pretty yummy.. so I'd say it was a success. Yippee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment